Prevent Occupational Injuries
A worker is injured every 5 seconds in the United States, according to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational injuries are not only painful and inconvenient, but they are extremely costly. We want our patients to put more thought into reducing work related injuries since most of them are the result of a momentary lapse of judgment or a lack of proper safety precautions.
Most occupational injuries are preventable so stay injury free while at work using these tips:
• If you have a desk job, make sure that you sit with your knees at about a 90 to 130 degree angle. Any more or less of an angle can cause strain on your back.
• Be sure you’re lifting properly. Keep your back straight, the weight balanced and close to your body while bending at the knees and using your hips.
• Stay healthy! Eat the right foods and exercise frequently and properly, making sure you stretch before and after your workout.
• Stretch throughout the day. If you sit at your computer all day, make sure to stretch periodically. If you stand all day, taking the load off can also help prevent injury.
• Fatigue greatly increases the risk of injury, so be sure to get a good night’s sleep.