Happy Father’s Day
Go overboard this Father’s Day without your caloric intake going with you!
Mediterranean Style Burgers
2 large vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced into 8 rounds
1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 lb ground chuck (can get lean meat)
1/2 pound ground lamb
1/2 pound ground pork
1 container (5.3 oz) nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise (we recommend light mayo)
4 oz crumbled feta cheese (we recommend reduced fat)
2 Tablespoons freshly chopped mint
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- In a large bowl, soak tomato slices in rice vinegar. Continue soaking until you are ready to build your burger.
- In a large bowl combine ground chuck, lamb and pork. Make meat into 8 (1/4 pound) burger patties. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, feta cheese, mint, lemon juice, curry powder, garlic and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook burgers as you prefer, either on the grill or the stove to desired doneness.
- Toast buns or rolls. Build burger in this order: bottom half of bun, red onion, burger, tomato, feta-curry sauce and top half of bun.
Recipe via: http://noblepig.com/2014/05/juciest-mediterranean-dressing/